A group of crazy, neurotic, absolutely hilarious erotic romance authors working together to corrupt the world... one reader at a time.

Monday, November 4, 2013

My life as a Virgo...

This month we're talking about astrological signs. Mine is Virgo, and I always love these descriptions, because really, can't anyone reading this think, "Hey, that sounds like me!". Anyhoo, I pulled this from http://www.gotohoroscope.com/virgo-meanings.html so let's see how true it is!

The emblem of Virgo, a virgin holding sheaves of wheat in her hands symbolizes wisdom, garnered in the fields of experience. Like the true virgin, most Virgos are shy and, like a virgin tend to wait to give herself to the perfect lover, Virgo is also idealistic. 


Wellll.....I can be shy, believe it or not. As to the other part. *cough* Not so much. And I don't think I've been idealistic a day in my life.

With a Mercury as the ruling planet, people born under this sign are quick thinking and observant. People who were born in this period are as a rule generally successful in life. They have keen, good intellects, are very discriminating about those with whom they associate, and in all business matters they have good judgment, and are not easily imposed upon or deceived. 

I am quick thinking. It sometimes seems to drive those around me nuts. Easily deceived - I'd agree with that. Mostly because even though I'm optimistic, I'm also cynical.
They are usually materialistic in their views of life, and analyze and reason everything from their own way of thinking outwards. These people are attracted to only that knowledge that can be applied usefully. They will happily share this information with anyone, if it confirms their own usefulness in the world, and brings them eagerly out of their shells. 

Analytical? Me? Surely, you jest. *looks around for lightning to strike me down*

These people can become good literary critics, being quick to see the weak points. They are extremely fond of harmony in their surroundings, have excellent taste about their house and dress, and always want things in good taste, and elegant. 

Hey look! Maybe I missed my calling. Perhaps instead of writing the books I should be reviewing them. Nah, that doesn't sound like as much fun. And why, thank you for the complement about my excellent taste and natural elegance. ;-)

Virgos are usually fastidious about their personal appearance, have a great respect for rank and position, and are great supporters of the law and the law's decisions. They usually develop this skill to improve themselves and their surroundings as they place great pride in tangible achievements. These people may spend part of their lives heading off on detours and then suddenly emerge as someone with a remarkable sense of direction. They can adjust easily to change once they find a way of fitting the new situation into their routine. 

Considering I have an MBA and have re-made myself over career-wise three times, I'll buy this stuff.

They are inclined to become wrapped up in themselves and their own ideas, and often become selfish in the close pursuit of their aims. 

Doesn't everybody become wrapped up in themselves?

These people are more capable of going to extremes in good and evil than any other type. 

Surely I fall under the category of good, right? Right? *puts Mistress Hotness whip behind my back*

To people born under this sign love is not dramatic, emotional, or sentimental. Love for them is devotion and will include love of family, friends, and those less fortunate than he or she. There is no pretense involved in how they act or what they say. Marriage is a major commitment; they value their union as both a love relationship and a working partnership. A warm relationship brings out the best in anyone born under this sign because basically they are kind, devoted and very loyal. 

This makes us sound like lap dogs.

Disappointment, however, can harden them into a cynic and a skeptic. Virgos consequently become quite critical with themselves as well as with circumstances, due to the effect of such disappointments on a sensitive and discriminating nature.

Okay, this one, I have to admit, is definitely true. I'm aware I can be quite critical. Sometimes I'm not nice or polite in my criticism, either. But I do try to keep others' feelings in mind.

Friends
People born under this sign have difficulty making friends. They won't make the first step until they feel absolutely comfortable with this people. Yet when they do make the effort, these people are capable of achieving extraordinary things.

I think the cynical nature of my sign has something to do with this, but I will say that I don't have a big circle of true friends. I don't consider this something I need to change in my life, either.

So there you have it. A snapshot of my supposedly personality...Are you a Virgo? Do you know someone (besides me) who is? What do you think of this assessment?

No comments:

Post a Comment