A group of crazy, neurotic, absolutely hilarious erotic romance authors working together to corrupt the world... one reader at a time.

Friday, September 27, 2013

The Cajun Hotness Theme Song Montage

Well, it isn't really a montage because I'm not clipping things together, but I couldn't think of a better word. I happen to adore music, in case you didn't know that already. I do a What's Playing Wednesday blog post where I post songs I'm listening to or I follow along with a musical theme and I just recently started Freaky on Fridays where I post songs that get me ready for the weekend.

So when I saw this was the blog theme for this week...I could barely contain myself. Because really, I can't pick just one song. There are too many that appeal to different parts of my personality. Like this first song appeals to my geeky side. I love 70s rock, grew up listening to it all and this one is just like...I don't know, it's a perfect one when I'm feeling all groovy and cool...well, in my mind

Love me some Blue Oyster Cult. It was actually one of the first albums I owned. It wasn't this one but Fire of Unknown Origin...okay, you didn't want to know that...Moving on!

If I'm feeling angsty and like I want to take on the world? That's when I bring in my heavy metal stuff. It could be anything from old school Black Sabbath (Paranoid is a fantastic album and I learned to play the title song on bass) to modern day Slipknot or Avenged Sevenfold. But for today's post, I'm going with A7X (Avenged Sevenfold). "Bat Country" is just...well, it's a great metal song and I think the video is kind of fun. And if you can't look at M. Shadows (the lead singer) and see cuteness, then we need to get your eyes checked, sha!


But I'm not always all hardcore. I like to get groovy, or pretend to at least. I'm not much of a dancer and if you listen to Griffin, I pseudo-dance...you know, stand there and shake particular parts of my body in what I think (or hope) is a rhythmic fashion. I feel like that guy in the Dos Equis commercials. "I don't always dance, but when I do, I try to pretend I know what I'm doing."

As for what I listen to...hm, one song guaranteed to get me off my butt and moving is probably Jay-Z's "Can I Get A"...It's because the song came out when I was in college and when we used to go drinking, it was what usually played.

I could keep this up all day. There are songs I have to listen to when I'm driving (and those I can't listen to if I want to avoid a ticket), then I have woe-is-me-I'm-so-depressed music (usually hair band power ballads), or I'm-writing-so-fast-I-can't-even-think music. And then I have songs that just make me feel kind of happy and bouncy.

Like the last one. It's by the Bouncing Souls and we used to sing at college football games. Okay, yes, I was a band nerd. I was in band from fifth grade until my 3rd year of college with only a short break in 10th grade. I'm a band nerd and I'm proud of it. And "Ole" is lots of fun.

So, what kind of music mood are you in today?

1 comment:

  1. I have not listened to a Blue Oyster Cult song in YEARS!!! Now I have to download some of them! Plus, band nerds rock! Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete