A group of crazy, neurotic, absolutely hilarious erotic romance authors working together to corrupt the world... one reader at a time.

Friday, April 26, 2013

It's A Natural Talent

I think I'm wrapping up the month for the Cabal on the topic of what we would do if we weren't writers. Which is just an absurd topic. (Sorry Sasha) But I couldn't imagine not being a writer. I seriously remember being young...seven or so and writing a story for class. It was better than anything I'd previously read. In my own mind.

So to come up with jobs on par with my life as a writer? Pshaw!

Okay, y'all know I'm full of it right? Because I'm not a full-time writer. I wish I was. I can see myself now riding young bulls around the world in the name of research. Everything I did would be in the name of research.

Danica in Jamaica stuffing money into some sexy man's G-string and doing a little feel around. "What? I just wanted to see how much they can fit in there!"

Danica in England sweet talking a Brit out of his pants. "What? I wanted to find out if it was true that British men don't come, they arrive."

You get the idea.

But as a writer, I can expand my imagination to see life without putting words to paper. *thinks hard*

I'd totally be a talent scout. Not singing or acting, but erotic dancing. I'd have a lovely chair with my name in big, shiny letters, a cabana boy with muscles and very little clothing kneeling next to me feeding me chocolate while another massages my feet. Then, in front of me, man after man with muscles and beautiful smiles and sexy moves do a little show. Like this gorgeous man who happens to be a real dancer. Oh Chase...


And they would dance their little hearts out just for me in the hopes of making it to Danica's Dangling Dongs All Male Revue...

Sorry, I'm laughing at myself so hard I can't continue. Oh it would be a marvelous thing if I could pick my own job. Truth is, if I wasn't writing, I'd be a regular person who works five days a week, spends their weekends trying to catch up on sleep and reading as much as possible. That wouldn't change at all.

But life would be a lot more boring without my writing and my writing friends and all the hard, difficult, steamy research I'd have to do for my books.

1 comment: