A group of crazy, neurotic, absolutely hilarious erotic romance authors working together to corrupt the world... one reader at a time.

Friday, February 28, 2014

Cajun Taking Over

It's been like...um, a long time since I blogged. Y'all can stand in line to spank me and I promise not to enjoy it too much ;)

Life has been crazy. I mean, insane. Seriously. After October it seemed as though someone hit the warp speed button and I got caught up in living life and trying to put a new book out.

That happened by the way. Not the warp speed thing, but the book release. The first book in a multi-author series, Touched by Lightning, came out on Valentine's Day. I like to call it a cross between The Crow and X-Men. It's dark. I won't lie about that. There's a lot of tragedy in the book, but there's also humor and hopefully, readers will get where I was going with the story. That there's hope and happiness waiting for us all. We just have to work to find it.

But I'm not here to get all heavy and shit. This is the Cabal of Hotness blog, not the Danica Sometimes Feels Like A Broody Teenager blog. Heh.

So what to write about? *ponders* Oh! I know!

I've been asked by a few family members about me writing something without all that sex in it. I thought about it long and hard (pun intended) and realized I'm not sure I could write a book without sex in it. Sure, I could probably write something that isn't a romance at all and not have sex in it, but when I think of romance books, of characters falling in love, the physical side of that love is a big part of it for me. And sure, I could probably do a closed doors story, but where's the fun in that?

You're more honest when you're fucking. Can I say that here? *looks for the police* Sex is intimate, of course. It's two, or more bodies coming together in the most basic of ways. It should be about losing yourself in the moment, forgetting about what society says is right or wrong, letting the real you surface and seeing the real person in your partner(s). That's what sex should be and that's what I try to convey in a romance.

To me, the act of making love, fucking, sex, whatever you want to call it, should be the time when you're your most vulnerable and open. And not being able to see it when it happens in a book means you're missing out on something vital to the story, to the relationship between the characters. You're only getting a glimpse of what they've done together instead of each nitty, gritty detail. Does it have to be vulgar? You know, all graphic? Not really, but it sure is fun.

And that's the problem for me. I want my stories to be raw, true. Life is messy. Sex should be messy and loud. So I guess I won't be writing a closed doors story any time soon.

What do y'all think? I know most of y'all are erotic romance readers, but is it the sex, or is it the true connection between the characters as their relationship grows that draws you the most?

Also, because I have y'all undivided attention *cough* I'm going to plug my latest erotic romance, Touched by Lightning. Out now!


Book one in the Love’s Defenders series.

When empath Gyda St. Germaine is rescued from a sex-trafficking ring, she vows vengeance on her tormentors. Aided by two distinct personalities who bolster her powers, she becomes a vigilante, hungry for revenge. Her path of retribution tosses her into the arms of an Order of Themis Siphon and her world is turned upside down. Fighting her past takes a backseat to her all-consuming desire for the man whose honor and sense of justice go against everything she believes.

The moment electricity manipulator Brit Harper stumbled across a feral woman with a bloody knife, his life changed. Black and white becomes gray as the scales of justice tip. Fascinated by her strength and the darkness in her eyes, he vows to teach her the true meaning of justice, and help her explore the passion sizzling between them. But when the evil haunting Gyda’s dreams returns in the flesh, he’ll have to choose between his beliefs and the woman he loves.

A Romantica® paranormal erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave
 
B&N

1 comment:

  1. Two character's with vastly different beliefs struggling to find a meeting point is definitely one of my hot buttons. Sounds like an awesome read and just jumped to the top of my "to-buy" list.

    ReplyDelete